Frameworks, libraries, and tools for testing your React components and applications
When you’re building an app, the work doesn’t stop there. Developers can construct a simple and interactive UI for any website using the well-known react package. Before submitting your application to the server, make sure you test it.
Here are some popular React Testing frameworks and packages to assist you in navigating the landscape. So let’s first understand what react testing libraries are and then look at them respectively.
What is React Testing Library
The React testing library is a collection of lightweight solutions that allows you to test react components without beingconcerned about their execution specifics.
Top React Testing Library
The React community has created many libraries for testing react components and functions. The common react testing libraries are listed below.
- Strong community support
- Featured Plugin
- Custom Plugin
- Develop Plugin
- Asynchronous front-end and back-end testing are supported.
- Assists in the tracking of errors
- Mocha with Enzyme and Chai is a popular mix for asserting, mocking, and other purposes. Enzyme and Mocha work well together to test ReactJS-based web apps.
- Fast performance
- Snapshot, parallelization, and async method testing are all possible.
- Allows to mock functions
- Supports third_party node libraries
- Works with React, VueJS, Angular, and a variety of other applications
An enzyme is a testing tool that allows developers to test the react component quickly and easily. One of the most extensively used and maintained frameworks is Airbnb’s enzyme framework. Developers use different frameworks like a jest, chai, or mocha to test the react application. The enzyme’s sole purpose is to render components, access items, locate elements, interact with elements, and simulate events.
- Use shallow rendering
- Access business implementations
- Conduct full DOM rendering
- With certain constraints, use React-hooks in shallow rendering.
Kent C Dodds developed the React testing library, which has a thriving community. This toolkit, like enzyme, is a full suite of React DOM testing utilities aimed at simulating real-world user behaviors and processes. It enables you to test the component by simulating user behavior quickly.
- It is unconcerned about the internal status of the components being tested.
- Component render results are being tested.
- Instead of testing the instance of the classes, it tests the DOM nodes.
- Allows you to access DOM elementsuniquely.
- Large community support.
So there you have it: the top React JS Unit Testing Tools for 2022. With React’s modularity comes improved TDD. The essential key to having a seamless yet flexible workflow that can adapt as you upgrade, extend, and modify your code is to combine the correct testing framework with the right assertion/manipulation libraries. When you Hire ReactJS Developers with professional experience they will choose the correct tool for everything from components to integration and end-to-end testing can make it easier to put this idea into practice and reap the rewards.