How to Set Up Your Own Online Store Using WooCommerce
Setting up an online store is a lengthy process. Don’t worry! We’ve made it easy for you.
We’ve divided the whole process into 3 parts. In the first part, we’ll describe “how can you buy a domain and hosting”. We also will add the part about installing WordPress in your domain. After this part, your website will become WordPress powered. You can log in to your website using the wp-admin panel and build your site as you like.
In the second part, we’ll be discussing how the domain works in WordPress, and how you can edit your site.
And in the 3rd and final part, we’ll show you, how can you transform a WordPress site into a WooCommerce site. You can also use the best WooCommerce WordPress free theme for your online store After transferring your WordPress Site to a WooCommerce one. We’ll also add a product for display.
This step-by-step tutorial is so easy that everyone can understand the process even with zero coding knowledge.
Why Do You Need to Build a WooCommerce Site
- A WooCommerce site can help you to connect with your customer easily and directly
- It helps to decrease dependency on other platforms, such as Facebook, and Instagram.
- Having an eCommerce site can create enough digital footprint for you.
- A website for a business represents it as more trustworthy, and professional.
Set Up Your Online Store Using WooCommerce With 25 Steps
1. Domain & Hosting Setting
Before starting with WordPress WooCommerece, you need to start with the domain, and hosting solution. Choose a service site for the domain, and hosting, buy a domain as your desired name. For example, you can start with DreamHost.
Step 1: Go to DreamHost, and click on the Get Started button on the top right of the homepage.
Step 2: A new window will appear. There are 3 options for you to choose from. If you don’t have any domain and want to buy one, click on the Register a new domain.
Step 3: Click on the search bar and try finding your desired domain name. Then add it to the cart
Step 4: After buying any product, go to the panel & log in using the credentials
Step 5: To install WordPress, after logging in, go to the Dreamhost panel
Step 6: Select the domain where you want to install WordPress. Then click on the Install it for me now!
Step 7: After installing, go to the WordPress dashboard by using yourdomain/wp-admin
2. WordPress Setting
Step 8: Go to the Dashboard, and hover the mouse pointer on Setting. Then click on the General
Step 9: You’ll find a window, from which you can change the Site Title and Tagline.
Step 10: Here, you can set your site link and WordPress Address
3. WooCommerce Setting
Step 11: Go to the Dashboard, hover the pointer on the Plugins, and click on the Add New
Step 12: A new window will appear. Click on the search and, and type WooCommerce. Install the first plugin of the search result, then activate it.
Step 13: After activation, WooCommerce will bring a new window where you need to give some basic information about your business. Then click continue
Step 14: Then select the industry type and click Continue
Step 15: Then again select the type of product type and click Continue
Step 16: tell us about your business, click continue
Step 17: Give some more information about your business, and click Continue again.
Step 18: Now, WooCommerce will want to know what theme you’ll be using. Click on the Choose button of the theme you want to select.
Step 19: You’re all set for your WooCommerce site now. WooCommerce will show you a window of setting Jetpack for your WooCommerce site, you can install it if you need.
Step 20: Go to the Dashboard and hover the pointer on Products. Some options will appear, select Add New
Step 21: A new window will appear. It’s the product page where you can set any product of yours. There are many customization options here that you can try. For the sake of simplification, we’ll just be adding the product name and photo.
Step 21: Scroll down, and you’ll find the section for setting the feature image at the right bottom. Click on that.
Step 22: A popup will appear. Upload your product photo using this. Then click on Set Product Image on the right bottom.
Step 23: Then click on the publish button to publish the product page.
Step 24: Go to the main site, you’ll find an option named Shop, click on that.
Step 25: You’ll find a product page like this one.
4. Plugins for WooCommerce Store
a. Additional Variation Images Gallery For WooCommerce
- WooCommerce offers a single image for a variation product by default. Often visitors want to view more photos of a product. You have to know how to create variable product in WooCommerce website. Even some of them love to watch a video of the product. Moreover, having more photos and videos can increase sales. So, if you want to help your visitors with more photos, you need a plugin that can show multiple images of variation products. In that case, Additional Variation Images Gallery is the plugin that can help you out.
Additional Variation Images Gallery can help you to add multiple images. You can add unlimited images using this plugin. It also offers to add a video of the products.
b. WP Google Maps
- Google map is an essential part of any WooCommerce site. Using WP Google Maps, you can show the location of your stores, your coverage area, and much more stuff about Google maps. This plugin offers two types of maps, one is OpenLayers and another is Google Maps. You can use OpenLayers maps where you don’t need to give any payment information, it’s free. On the other hand, Google Maps is free within a limit, after that it takes charges.
To access Google Maps, you need to open an account in Google Cloud and share your payment information. They won’t charge you within a limit, then they will start charging on your usage.
c. Variation Swatches For WooCommerce
- By default, if you want to show a variation product, you need to use the dropdown. This is functional but not user-friendly. Clicking dropdown and selecting the variation from the options is time-consuming, also it requires multiple clicks.
To solve this problem Variation Swatches come into the scene. It can help you to transform a dropdown into color, button, radio, and image swatches. If you’re selling products that have variations, it can give your visitors a smooth experience.
d. WooCommerce Social Login
- Having various social media logins can reduce the complexity of creating new accounts on the WooCommerce store. It also can provide you with a huge database of your customers.
Most eCommerce customers already encountered Social login, so you don’t need to introduce it to the customer. Also, it helps them to log in seamlessly, so customers don’t need to remember their username and password.
e. WooCommerce PDF Invoices & Packing Slips
- A WooCommerce site deals with products and invoices and packing slips are a must-have. This plugin can help you to generate PDF invoices & Packing Slips automatically.
After the purchase, it can generate the invoice and automatically email it to the customer. In addition, it supports 18 languages, so you can send them invoices and packing slips in their native languages.
Congratulation on setting up your WooCommerce store in the easiest way. For disclaimer, we’re not in any kind of collaboration with DreamHost. You can use any other Domain and Hosting services you feel comfortable with, such as Bluehost, Hostinger, or DigitalOcean. In that case, it’s better to look into their documentation. If you feel complex with your current Domain & Hosting service, you can transfer your domain anytime you want.
If you facing trouble setting up, try this from the scratch again. If this can’t solve your problem, comment below about the issue you’re facing. We’ll try our best to help you.