Tips for Integrating Payment Gateway in a Mobile App
In the world of digital platforms, payment gateways are necessary to process monetary transactions. Payment gateway integration can enable mobile apps and their features towards dealing with money transactions.
While building an app that deals with monetary transactions, you should choose a payment gateway as per your business requirement.
The good thing about mobile payments is that they’re convenient and can be used anywhere. They also offer a significant improvement to the shopping experience by offering more security and privacy.
The recent introduction of NFC-based contactless payments has made the use of smartphones as a mode of payment easier and more convenient than carrying around cash or cards.
Introducing Mobile Payment Gateway?
Mobile payments are becoming more and more popular as consumers seek to replace the cash they carry with their phones. Different types of mobile payment solutions exist, such as Apple Pay, Android Pay, Samsung Pay, and so on. Each of these solutions has its unique approach.
A mobile payment gateway is a technique for transmitting payment information from a mobile device to the merchant’s system for authorization in a form that any third party cannot intercept.
Working process of Mobile payment gateways:
- A mobile app payment gateway is software that allows customers to make payments for goods and services on their mobile devices.
- While surfing for goods on any e-commerce site, once you finalize the product for purchasing, it redirects you to choose the payment option so that you can pay and wait for your order to arrive.
- Once you’ll send the product to the cart and land on the payment screen, you’ll see the various payment option where you can select one as per your conveniences like a credit card, debit card, UPI pay, and other pay.
- It asks you to enter your payment details and once you fill up those, the payment gateways receive your queries and send them to your respective banks and ask for the approval of your payment. Once it authentically gets done,
- Payment processors such as VISA and MasterCard then verify the request.
- After the payment transaction is approved, the acquiring bank sends the merchant/online seller an authentication code and you receive that your amount is debited from your bank account.
Vital perks of integrating payment gateways in mobile applications
Mobile app developers always aim to get the attention of the users. They are constantly looking for new ways to make their apps more attractive and user-friendly. One way is by integrating payment gateways into them.
Payment gateways provide a way for the users to pay for their products, services, or subscriptions all from within the app itself.
This provides a frictionless and seamless experience for both developers and customers.
Payment gateways can be integrated into any app, with some of them being designed specifically for that purpose.
They charge no transaction fees, which means they can be integrated without any monetary cost to either party involved.
In addition, they offer full control over how much money is in your account at any given time as well as other features like cancellations. Lastly, payouts are typically
Major tips for integrating the payments gateways in mobile apps:
The user experience is the most important aspect of your application. Sure, you need to implement a payment gateway to process transactions, but it’s important to know how it should interact with the app. For example, some payment gateways have an option to store credit cards for future transactions and others require entering the information for each transaction. app development is in the process a mobile app developer must always take into consideration how the payment gateway and app will work together before integrating them into the project.
Process: Payments Gateways Integration
Integration of a new payment gateway to an existing system can be challenging and tedious.
Organizations need to have a clear understanding of the need to make sure that the payment gateway is implemented in the system and is functioning well before pushing it live.
The implementation process of a new payment gateway should be initiated with proper research, testing, planning, and documentation.
(1) Identifying needs
Before integrating the payment gateways, it is important to know the need for the integration. Check out the market and choose the type of methods you’d like to offer to your users. Two major operating systems are ruling the market, iOS, and android. You need to check the respective payment gateways to accept the credit cards.
(2) Investigation and analysis
The primary goal is to provide a fantastic in-app purchase experience and a wide range of purchasing options for your customers.
Assessing the need and method of integration, there is a need of choosing the right way to integrate the payment gateways into the mobile apps.
(4) Evaluation and selection,
Once you’ll select the right payment gateway for your app and your user it becomes easy to integrate the right one for you.
(5) implementation planning-design & development phase, and finally
Here all the technical parts of payment gateways integration get done. let’s suppose when you are integrating payment gateways for Android then there would be a different method and if it is for iOS, the method is different.
- The biggest mistake beginners make is assuming that there’s just one major type of payment gateway.
- Payment gateways are usually classified based on how they work. (e.g.: cloud service or mobile app)
- Some payment gateways are not compatible with all apps out there, so do a research first before choosing one
(6) Testing & Training
Once you integrate the payments for iOS and Android, you need to check and test them all and check them all.
Once the process of installation and amendments is done, you need to check and collect the details.
Mobile app payment gateways are APIs that provide payment solutions for mobile apps. They are considered to be the best way of enabling the customer to make payments and in-app purchases.
There are several features that one should consider before deciding on which mobile app payment gateway to go with. These include the processing fees, security, transaction cost, and more.
Thus, for knowing the technical procedures of integrating the payment gateways in mobile apps, contact a reliable on-demand app development company that knows the major technicalities of the procedure.